It’s time for a new Competition! After last month’s success we are launching our September MISSION Competition! In this Competition only photos uploaded to MISSIONS will count.
We have changed some rules to encourage quality over quantity, so check this out before you start uploading pictures.
Starting on September 13th, the Top 20 Foapers that upload the highest number of TOP RANKED photos to MISSIONS will qualify for 3 prizes. Out of the Top 20 Foapers with the highest number of TOP RANKED photos in MISSIONS, the “20 Finalists”, Foap will select THREE Winners based on photo, caption and tagging quality. This means that the Three winners will not necessarily be the 3 Foapers with the highest number of TOP RANKED Photos in Missions. Foap will choose the THREE Winners, the three Foapers among the “20 Finalists” with the best photos, captions and taggs. The Competition ends on September 30th. The exact time starts from 12th of September at 4pm UTC and ends at 1st of October at 7am UTC.
1st place: $500
2nd place: $250
3rd place: $150
- The competition starts on September 13th, 2016 at 9am ET and ends on September 30th, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET. Only photos uploaded during this period will be considered.
- The photos have to be uploaded to any MISSION and have to be TOP RANKED. You can upload photos to any Missions you prefer.
- Photos uploaded to Getty Images Missions have to be APPROVED by Foap.
- Users that upload stolen photos will be disqualified from the competition and deleted from Foap.
- You cannot upload the same photo over and over again.
- You cannot upload very similar photos or photos of the same subject with slight differences. By entering the Competition the participant agrees that Foap has the final decision regarding the interpretation of similar photos. Participants with several similar photos will be disqualified.
- The caption of your photos cannot be the same for different photos.
- Photos with poor captions such as captions formed by random letters, emojis only or single words will not be considered. The caption has to match the subject in the photo.
- The Winners of the August Competition cannot win the September Competition.
- The photos have to be taken by you – even if a friend or relative allows you to upload their photos they will not be accepted.
- Photos with any watermark, logo or signature will be disqualified.
- All photos containing people whose faces are recognizable will be subject to a second evaluation from Foap and model releases might be requested. If a model release cannot be delivered upon request the image will be deleted from Foap and will not be accepted in the competition.
The Top 20 Foapers (the leaders in the competition) will be presented here on a daily basis from September 14th.
What does it mean to be TOP RANKED?
Top Ranked photos are those photos that you have given a caption, have at least 5 tags and you have answered a question if there are people in your photo. These photos are ranked as Excellent! In order to get it to TOP RANKED, you need to be a PayPal Verified user. Then all your Excellent photos status will change to TOP RANKED.
In order to get verified, you need to go to the “More” tab if you are on iPhone or to “Settings” on Android and click on “Verification”.
What does it mean that a photo has to be uploaded to a MISSION?
In the Foap app you can upload photos to the Foap Market or to Missions. On Missions brands and partners ask for specific photos and give a reward to the best photo(s). Only photos uploaded to Missions will count in the September Mission Competition.
Why the list is updated everyday at a different time?
This list is going to be updated everyday (except weekends) around 10.30 a.m. according to time zone in Central Europe (GMT+2) which means: 4.30 a.m. (GMT-4) in New York, 1.30 a.m. in California (GMT-7), 4.30 p.m. in Singapore (GMT+8) and 6.30 p.m. in Sydney (GMT+10).
What’s with the captions and tagging?
Captions and tags should make sense and add value to the photo. Users that are taking shortcuts by adding meaningless captions and tags will be contacted by our content team.
What is the goal with the competition?
The aim of the competition was to activate our community and encourage users to upload more great photos to our Missions. We know that the chances of sale increase with the number of photos uploaded. Also, it’s fun.
What is Foap position on quantity vs. quality?
The more amazing photos the better! In all user generated content platform there will be the issue with some low quality content. This is why we ask you, our community, to rate photos – so the best photos can be identified.