Hello Foapers! We are very excited to bring to Foap an August competition!
The Rules are very simple:
- The competition starts now! The Top 3 users that upload the biggest number of photos by the end of August to Foap, will get $2500 in total rewards!#1: $1500#2: $500#3: $500
- The uploaded photos need to be TOP RANKED.
- All photo uploads counts! (Foap Marker & Foap Missions)
- Users that upload stolen photos, will be disqualified from the competition and deleted from Foap.
- You can not upload the same photo over and over again. Also you can not take photos of the same subject with slight differences and upload them. They need to be different from each other.
What does it mean to be TOP RANKED:
Top Ranked photos are those photos that you have given a caption, have at least 5 tags and you have answered a question if there are people in your photo. These photos are ranked as Excellent! In order to get it to TOP RANKED, you need to be a PayPal Verified user! Then all your Excellent photos status will switch to TOP RANKED!
In order to get verified, you need to go to the “More” tab if you are on iPhone or to “Settings” on Android and click on “Verification”.
Why are we running this competition?
We know that most users start selling a significant amount of photos once they reach at least 750+ images at Foap. To increase your earnings we also recommend you to have a broad portfolio including several different topics (the more the better). It can be everything from broad themes such as dogs, pets, nature, family, victory and occasions such as Halloween, to very specified areas cups such as green cups, red lips, blue carpet and sunset at Venice Beach, California.
The top 20 Foapers (the leaders in the competition) will be presented on a daily basis here.
AUGUST COMPETITION FAQ
AUGUST COMPETITION FAQ
- Why the list is being updated everyday at different time?
This list is going to be updated everyday (except weekends) around 10.30 a.m. according to time zone in Central Europe (GMT+2) which means: 4.30 a.m. (GMT-4) in New York, 1.30 a.m. in California (GMT-7), 4.30 p.m. in Singapore (GMT+8) and 6.30 p.m. in Sydney (GMT+10).
- On the first day one person uploaded 800 pics, how it is possible?
First day the numbers were wrong because of a bug chewing some cables. It will never happen again. Right now the list is updated correctly.
- What’s with the changing photo rankings?
Some glitch happened in our system and we are currently working on it, should be back to normal very soon. Once it’s figured out everyone’s photos will turn to “Top ranked” and will be counted (provided they were tagged and captioned, and all legal questions were answered before).
- What’s with the captions and tagging?
Captions and tags should make sense and add value to the photo. Users that are taking shortcuts by adding meaningless captions and tags will be contacted by our content team.
- Why are there so many pictures that look almost same and are they counted?
As it was stated in the initial post: You can not upload the same photo over and over again. Also you can not take photos of the same subject with slight differences and upload them. They need to be different from each other.
Our content team will evaluate photos of top users if there is a sufficient diversity of content added.
- What is the goal of the competition?
The aim of the competition was to activate our community and encourage users to upload more great photos. We know that the chances of sale increase with the number of photos uploaded. Also, it’s fun.
- What is Foap position on quantity vs. quality?
The more amazing photos the better! In all user generated content platform there will be the issue with some low quality content. This is why we ask you, our community, to rate photos – so the best photos can be identified.
Leave a reply →
Hello, I have several photos that are stuck at “Execellent” even though I’m already verified (email/PayPal). When I click on the photos under “manage photos” it shows top ranked, but when I exit the page and come back, it’s back to saying “excellent.” Please help.
I uploaded over 20 photos yesterday and I’m not in the list of top 20 today even though I uploaded more than most on that list. Any reason why? They’re all top ranked.
Regards the need for the photos to be different, has anyone looked at the submissions from the current leader? I was working hard on uploads until today’s top twenty list totally dispirited me.
Where is the list of top 20 ranting for this contest?
How is ranking figured? When I first looked yesterday 1st place was like 1500 photos. Last night it was 35. This morning it’s 722. When is the correct list displayed and why is it changing more than once a day? I have no clue what the “real” numbers are as I find it hard to believe someone uploaded 700 photos in one day. I suppose it’s possible, but seems highly unlikely
I’ve about 305 photos top ranked (I know the requirements for photos to be top ranked) uploaded since the mission began and yet I am not in the TOP 20 list. What’s happening? Please help.
I don’t know about you, but why am I even trying if the people at the top of the list get to post the same photo repeatedly, and that counts towards their total. I too have been working hard on my pictures, not just snapping pictures walking through my house of nothing…and it makes me wonder why even try if Foap is going to reward people for breaking the rules….
Wondering why not more foapers have commented on that competition? Please allow me to be outspoken here, and feel free to be offended, but WHAT exactly will this competition achieve? Just looked at current #2 place ( https://www.foap.com/users/juneyank6?page=1 ) …. really??? Is that the kind of pictures the FOAP platform urgently needed? I take it with a smile and taste is highly subjective,… but may be anyone else wants to weigh in and post an opinion? At least, how is the rest of us seeing those images with regard to the competition rules? And how about a comment from the FOAP editors – is the competition with regard to the uploaded photos a good success so far?
I post nice photo and iam 1 year and half i never sale any photo
The list is not showing as being updated since friday. Is anyone else having this problem? I would like to know where I stand 🙁
Where’s the top 20 list? Without the list it’s hard to find motivation to upload :)))
I think the foap people need to weigh in here. Has anyone tried to curate an album recently? There are so many bad pictures it’s impossible to find anything good. I’m thinking of putting together an album called “Bad Pictures”! I can’t believe this is good for foap or for us – now there are just a bunch of bad, blurry, repetitive photos clogging the system. Something needs to be done!!!
With such a huge amount of money on the line, the rules need to be changed…or at the very least, upheld! Anyone else with me on this??
I actually started deleting my images from FOAP, not sure where FOAP is heading and until I am seeing a FOAP statement about their position on quality vs. quantity, I’ll just keep a few images there to see what the future brings with FOAP — but don’t understand why I just got a rating for one of my images that was deleted already a while ago? How is that possible? Does the delete-button really work?
Yayyy, excited to be at number 1 but I must say that this competition is taxing, top positions can change quickly but I’m too deep in it to back out now. I can’t speak for all but I wanted to address some of the questions posed by concerned foapers on this page;
1) How can someone upload so many pics so quickly
– First is a good internet connection, 2nd is all pics saved on low resolution (not too low), 3rd is a large size top of the line smartphone that you need to own for fast upload/tagging and other simple tricks but I’ll divulge them when the competition is over. If you’re smart about it, you’ll figure out ways to shorten the time of upload + tagging/answer legal questions. Despite all this I still end up putting 6-8 hours to upload pics. I have a full time job so I do it after work. I’ve to sacrifice couple hours of sleep but I’m competitive like that!
2) How can someone not in the top list show up in the top list the next day?
– In my case I had tons of pics uploaded but I did not get time to tag them/answer the legal questions, so my pics didn’t get counted and I didn’t get featured in the top list the first time. Once I tagged all my pics which goes much faster than uploading a pic, all my uploads got counted and boom, I’m in the top list.
3) There are lot of multiple uploads of the same pics.
– When I was uploading batch of pics the first time, I didn’t realize that you’ve to tap the upload tab only once. In my case when I tapped it, nothing happened so I tapped it again and it started uploading twice. So I did have bunch of duplicate pics in the beginning. But looks like foap has a system in place to reject the count of duplicate uploads coz if you check my total pic upload count, it’s much more than the 4,400 as shown on the top list, so my duplicate uploads didn’t get counted.
I hope my response helps in some ways. To all the foapers participating in this mission, BEST OF LUCK. May the best one win.
Comments are closed.