Missions

Photo of the Month – the new challenge for active creators!

You probably already know the Editors’ Choice – Photo of the Week – the challenge where we – the Foap Team – choose the best photos every week.

Now, we introduce the Photo of the Month – the challenge for active Foap Plus users only, where YOU will choose the winner!

How is it working?

For the whole month (August), Foap Plus users who joined at least 1 mission in the previous month (July) was be able to upload their best 1 photo.

• Foap Team chose the best of the best photos just like we’re doing for the Photo of the Week contest.
  • This month (September), all chosen photos are visible to all users, and all Foapers are able to vote for photos (by ratings).
  • The photo with the most number of votes (NOT with the highest rating) will win this competition, so other users can help to win, but they can’t reduce the chances of winning.

The winner will get quite a lot of money for just 1 photo.

Sounds nice? We hope so! 

One more thing…

We’re listening to your feedback. We know that some of you are afraid that missions with ratings can be more about popularity than the beauty of photography, and you prefer our team to choose the winners. This is why we are adding additional rules…

1. The same user can win Photo of the Month only once (but still can win additional Best Photos rewards)
2. Our team will award an additional prize of $50.

Rewards

Photo of the Month (Users’ Award)
Photo of the Month (Editors’ Choice)
The Best Photos

The authors of the best photos will also be featured on our social media accounts!

Do you have any questions? The comments section below is the best place for them. 

If you want to join the next Photo of the Month, you need to be Foap Plus and join at least 1 mission in a month. It’s worth being active on Foap!

You Might Also Like

30 Comments

1. 1
  2. 2

Should we enter the best of our pictures from the month of July or from our profile or rather something entirely new? A picture that has already been selected in a previous challenge- can it be entered again?

3. 7

Pls I kinda find this difficult 😬 pls where are we to start uploading our pics.
    Moreover, foap is awesome. Thanks, God bless 🙏

4. 11
  5. 13
  6. 15

In the Photo of the Month mission, active Foap Plus users can upload photos in the first month. In the next month, all users will be able to rate photos, and the winners will be announced. Good luck to the participants!

7. 17
  8. 19

I completely misunderstood this mission, I thought the first prize was based on votes, I didn’t realise Foap selects the finalists. I was worrying about not getting enough votes, when I should have been more concerned that my photo wasn’t good enough!

Hey Marie, thank you for this feedback. In the most number of missions, even ordinary photos can win, and even “good-enough” quality is ok. “Photo of the Month” and “Photo of the Week” missions are dedicated to the best photographers, and photos need to be truly great here. This is why we decided to moderate it. This information was available in the mission description, but thanks to your feedback, we will try to make it more visible, thank you!

Also, I know your photos, Marie, they are great, so I was surprised why your photo hasn’t been chosen this time. I just checked it and you uploaded these sunglasses with faces. We thought it was a graphic design, not a photo possible to take without photo manipulation, which is why it is not in the final.

We will start the new Photo of the Month very soon, please upload one of your best shots that looks like a photo, not a graphic design, and I’m pretty sure you will be in the final 🙂 Good luck!

Thanks! I’m glad you liked my photo and really appreciate the positive feedback 😀 It was a photo in the sense I took cut outs of mouth shapes (from one of those selfie kits) and placed them on coloured card with the sunglasses. Though I battled with so many reflections and also trying to clean up the backing card that I think my edges lost their definition, so it probably looked more like a graphic. Might re-edit that with more care!

9. 22
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. 27
  13. 28
  14. 30

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>