Rules for “The Best Landscape (Country Challenge, June 2023)”

When is this mission available?

The mission started on June 2, 2023, and we plan to announce the winners on July 11. The Country Challenges aim to discover the finest photographers in each country and select the best photos globally. Here’s the schedule breakdown:

Stage 1: Adding Photos and Voting – June 2 to June 16 (14 days)

Nominated users can add photos to missions dedicated to their country. The mission is visible only to nominated users.

Stage 2: Voting with Stars – June 19 to June 25 (7 days)

Adding photos is no longer available. The photos added during the previous stage are now visible to all users within each country. For instance, all Foap users from the US will see pictures added by other US users. Users should vote for photos by assigning them 1 to 5 stars.

Important: To ensure fairness, we want to avoid any manipulation of ratings. Therefore, only the number of votes will be considered. If you like a photo and want it to win, please rate it. If you don’t like it, simply skip it.

June 26-28: Foap Team selects the best photos for each country

The Foap Team, comprised of real humans (not an algorithm), will carefully choose the best photos for each country. We will take into account the overall quality of the pictures and their alignment with the brief. However, the number of votes will also strongly influence our selection process.

Stage 3: Commenting (available for all) – June 29 to July 5 (7 days)

All the chosen photos will be visible to all Foap users within a single mission. Users can leave comments on the photos, and the best comments that describe what they appreciate about the photos will win rewards.

July 6-11: Foap Team selects the best comments and 10 finalists

Considering the impact of comments, the Foap Team will select the top 10 photos and the top 10 comments.

Stage 4: Choosing the Winners by the Best Foapers

The best Foap users, determined by their successful photo sales on Foap worldwide, will have the opportunity to vote for the best photos. The photos with the highest number of votes will emerge as the winners. We plan to announce the winners on July 18.

Please note that all the dates mentioned are subject to change.

How can I upload photos?

To upload your photos, simply open the app and navigate to the Missions menu. Look for the premium mission titled “The Best Landscape in [your country].” Unlock the mission and proceed to upload your photo for a fee of only 1 Foap Coin. Remember, you can increase your chances of winning by uploading multiple photos, but each additional upload will require additional Foap Coins. Please note that photo uploads are only available during the first stage of the mission.

When will I be able to add photos?

You can add photos from June 2, 2023, to June 16, 2023 (CET).

Rewards $1,500 (estimated)

1st place: $200

2nd place: $100

3rd place: $50

4-10 places: $20

The best photos in each country: $10 for each photo.

10 best comments: $10

Will there be rewards for every country? How many photos will be rewarded in each country?

There are rewards for every country, with at least 20 users who join the mission with photos consistent with the brief. The number of rewards depends on how many participants will join the challenge in each country:

500 or more: 3 best photos
101-499: 2 best photos
20-100: 1 best photo
0-19: no rewards

How can I vote for photos?

Voting for photos is easy. Simply navigate to the mission and explore the uploaded photos. Tap on any image that catches your attention. If you appreciate the photo and believe it deserves to win, you can rate it by selecting a star rating from 1 to 5. On the other hand, if the photo doesn’t resonate with you, you can simply skip it.

To ensure a fair and unbiased voting process, we have implemented a system where only the number of ratings received by a photo matters. This prevents any manipulation or attempts to lower the ratings of other users’ photos in order to gain an advantage. So, if you genuinely like a photo and want it to succeed, please rate it accordingly. If a photo doesn’t capture your interest, feel free to skip it and move on to the next one.

How are winners chosen?

The selection process varies depending on the stage of the mission. Here’s a breakdown of how winners are determined:

Stage 1: After the first stage, our team of real humans (not an algorithm) will carefully choose the best photo from each country. During the selection process, we consider several factors:

• Adherence to the mission brief (Please refer to the section “What type of photos should I add to this mission” below).
  • Overall quality and creativity of the photo.
  • Natural photos without filters or artificial corrections receive additional “points.”
  • The number of votes received by each photo strongly influences our decision.

Stage 2: In the second stage, we select the top 10 photos that will proceed to the finals. At this point, your comments play a significant role in our decision-making process. The comments you provide during this stage will strongly influence our final choices.

Final Stage: The winners will be chosen by the best Foap users, referred to as Foapers, from around the world. These are the individuals who have achieved significant success by selling the most photos on Foap. The Foapers will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite photo among the 10 finalists. The photos with the highest number of votes will be declared the winners.

We value transparency and fairness throughout the selection process. Our aim is to recognize and reward exceptional photographers who capture the essence of the mission and showcase their talents.

What type of photos should I add to this mission?

Landscape photography focuses on capturing the beauty of outdoor scenes, including natural and man-made environments. It involves composing visually appealing shots of expansive vistas, mountains, coastlines, and more. The goal is to transport viewers to these locations and evoke a sense of awe and appreciation for nature’s wonders. It requires careful composition, lighting considerations, and an eye for detail. Landscape photography allows us to showcase the diverse and breathtaking landscapes of our world.

Examples of landscape photography include:

1. Majestic mountain ranges with snow-capped peaks.
  2. Tranquil beaches with golden sand and crystal-clear waters.
  3. Vast fields of colorful flowers in bloom.
  4. Dramatic sunsets casting vibrant hues across the sky.
  5. Rolling hills and valleys covered in lush greenery.
  6. Desert landscapes with towering sand dunes and vast expanses.
  7. Picturesque coastal cliffs and rugged shorelines.
  8. Serene lakes surrounded by forests and mountains.
  9. Urban cityscapes showcasing iconic buildings and skylines.
  10. Mystical fog-covered forests with rays of sunlight filtering through the trees.

How many photos can I add?

You can upload as many photos as you like, but every uploaded photo will cost you more Foap Coins. Check out how to get Foap Coins for free.

Can I change the photos that I uploaded?

Yes, you can. After you delete the photo, you can upload another one, but you will lose all votes and comments.

Can I upload a photo that won another mission?

Yes, you can, and it can win again.

Can I upload a black-and-white or modified photo?

Yes, you can, whatever you believe is the best version of your photo. You can make some digital adjustments like better contrast or brightness, but we recommend being careful with that and not using any filters – it should look natural.

How can I comment?

To add a comment, follow these simple steps:

1. Open the photo on which you wish to leave a comment.
  2. Tap on the image to view it in full-screen mode.
  3. In the bottom right corner, you will find an icon representing comments. Tap on this icon.
  4. A comment box will appear. You can now type and submit your comment in English.

Why do I see a country challenge without a specific country?

If you come across a country challenge named “The Best Landscape in the World” instead of a specific country like “The Best Landscape in the United States,” it could be due to one of the following reasons:

1. You haven’t selected your country in the app: Please ensure that you have set your country in your profile settings. Take a moment to update your profile to avoid missing out on the next country challenge.
  2. Your country has fewer Foap users: If you reside in a country with a smaller Foap user base, it may result in a country challenge without a specific country designation. This means that while you can still participate in the challenge, you won’t be representing a particular country.

We encourage you to join the country challenge regardless of these circumstances. You can still upload your photo and be part of the competition, even if you don’t represent a specific country. While your chances of winning may be slightly lower, it’s still a great opportunity to showcase your photography skills and engage with the Foap community.

I want to ask about something…

Great! We will be happy to respond to your questions. You can add a comment on our blog (keep in mind that because of spam, every comment needs to be approved) or contact us directly through the app.