FAQ: Rules for “The Best Photo of… (Country Challenge, May 2022)”

What is the goal of this mission?

Foap users live around the whole world. We created this mission to show how beautiful these countries are and to find the most talented Foap users.

When is this mission available?

It started on May 2, 2022, and we plan to announce the winners on June 6, 2022.

Who can join this mission?

Adding photos to this mission is available only for the best users at Foap. If you are one of them, you should get an email with confirmation. Also, you can go to the Missions menu in the app – “The Best Photo of [Country]” mission is visible only for nominated users.

How can I upload photos?

Just open the app, go to the Missions menu and find the premium mission named “The Best Photo of [Country].” Unlock the mission with Foap Coins (we already added it to your account) and upload your photos. Adding photos is available only in the first stage.

When will I be able to add photos?

You can add photos from May 2, 2002, to May 17, 2022 (CET).

What does it mean that there are stages?

The goal of Country Challenges is to find the best photos in each country and choose the best images worldwide.

Stage 1: Adding photos

From May 2 to May 17, nominated users can add photos to missions dedicated to their country. The mission is visible only to nominated users.

Stage 2: Voting (with stars)

From May 17 to May 24, photos added in the previous stage are visible to all users inside the country. For example, all Foap users from the US will see pictures added by other users from the US. All users should vote for photos by choosing 1 to 5 stars.

Stage 3: Commenting

From May 25 to May 31, one mission with 1 best photo from each country will be available for all Foap users. They can comment on photos, and the best comments describing what they like in photos will win rewards.

Stage 4: Choosing the winners

The Foap Team, influenced by comments, will choose the 10 best photos. Next, the best Foap users (users who sold the most number of images) will vote for the best photos on Foap. We’re planning to announce the winners on June 6.

Rewards ($1,200)

1st place: $200 + 200 Foap Coins

2nd place: $100 + 100 Foap Coins

3rd place: $50 + 50 Foap Coins

The best photo in each country: $10

20 best comments: $10 + 10 Foap Coins each

Twenty rewards surprises – occasionally, we will reward users who upload good quality photos with $5.

How can I vote for photos?

It’s super simple. Go to the mission, check out uploaded photos, tap on any image, and rate it from 1 to 5 stars. Users with the highest number of votes and the highest rate will have much more chance to win.

How are winners chosen?

It depends on the stage. 

We (real humans, not an algorithm) choose the best photo in each country after stage 2. We consider the picture’s overall quality, but the number of votes and rates ratio influence us strongly. 

In the 3rd stage, we are also choosing the 10 best photos for the finals, but your comments influence our decisions.

The best Foap users will choose the Winners from the 10 best photos.

What type of photos should I add to this mission?

You can add any photos that will show the country you’re living in, in any way. It can be landscapes, streets, urban or rural views, architecture, people, dishes, nature, or animals.

How many photos can I add?

You can upload from 1 to 3 photos. Uploading each image costs 10 Foap Coins, but we added free Foap Coins to all nominated users:

30 Foap Coins – for the users who participated in the previous country challenge.

10 Foap Coins – for the users who didn’t participate in the previous country challenge. If you are one of them and you want to add more than 1 photo, you can do it but with your Foap Coins.

Can I change the photo that I uploaded?

Yes, you can. After you delete one of the uploaded photos, you can upload another one with the limit of 3 images, but keep in mind that you will lose all votes and comments.

Can I upload a photo that won another mission?

Yes, you can, and it can win again.

Can I upload a black and white or modified photo?

You can upload a color or black and white photo. You can make some digital adjustments like better contrast, but we recommend being careful with that – an image should look natural.

How can I comment?

Open the photo you want to add a comment, tap on the image, and see the comments icon in the right-down corner. Tap it and add your comment.

What do I need to do to be nominated for a country challenge?

You need to be active on Foap and upload good photos to missions. We’re checking all uploaded images. We can’t buy all good pictures, but we can nominate all authors to be Foap Plus or to join missions like a country challenge.

Will there be rewards for every country?

After stage 2 and voting, we will choose the best photo from every nominated country. Remember that all chosen images must be technically correct (sharpness, brightness, natural color, no watermarks, and other modifications). If there are no correct photos, the prize may not be awarded. 

Why do I see a country challenge without a specific country?

If you see a country challenge named “The Best Photo of a Country” instead of, for example, “The Best Photo of the United States”, it can be two things:

1. You didn’t choose your country in the app.
  2. You live in a country where there are not so many Foap users to compete with.

What does it mean for you? You can join this country challenge but not as a representative of a specific country. You can upload a photo of whatever country you like.

Do you have any questions about the rules? Please put it in the comments below.