Community, User of the Month

A little inspiration for us all – the Colombian story of Ingrid, Julia, and Gabriela

Foap is a special place, even magical. Creating missions and then curating them takes us around the world. There are users from all sorts of ages and ethnicity, and all of them have a unique and beautiful way of storytelling with their photos.

During one of our campaigns, we noticed three ladies that stood out with their high quality, inspirational ideas, and success in selling photos.

So Foap dug in a little deeper and found out that the three women are related: a mother: Ingrid (@inyocaro2021), and her two daughters: Julia (@oppa202) and Gabriela (@gabiprincess2).

Their story with Foap begins during a time when distancing, lockdowns, and uncertainty due to the Covid pandemic were growing around the world and the main topic in the news. Living on a farm in Colombia, looking for a way to earn money online to increase the family budget since “selling fruits and eggs is not a steady job”,  Gabriela looked through different websites that offered online work. She read an article about Foap and decided to try it.

She read testimonials of people who had won, then watched the tutorial on how to download the application and took part in “Photo of the week” where she sold her first photo!

That encouraged her a lot, so she started learning to take better photos and downloaded photo editing programs.  Then, Gabriela participated in Colombia Mission, where she won the main prize.

It made her see that without having a higher education in photography,

“with just a cell phone…. I can contribute more to the household, I can tell everyone that this is my job, it has made us happier.”

Now being a person who can earn money on Foap and regards Foap as a reliable app, she then encouraged her mother and sisters to download the application, and they also succeeded.

Check out some of their winning photos and if you found this story interesting, check out part 2!

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

1. 1

Wowww such an inspirational story of three of them , thanks foap team for letting us know about great story, it’s made my day after all reading this, because I’m also beginner and most enthusiastic and curious to participate such a wonderful platform like foap. It encourages me a lot day by day by participating in foap . As a house wife having two kids I said foap is hope for me ?.

2. 2
  3. 5

Salut chers foaper
    Foap est une application généreuse et bonne. I application Foap encouragent les jeunes photographes débutants.
    Mon rêve c est avoir une camera numerique ou un portable smartphone de bon qualité afin de satisfaire mes passions.
    Merci beaucoup pour vos encouragements.

4. 6

Salut chers équipes de foap. J ai lu l hisiore de Gabiela et ses soeurs et j aimerais la traduire en ma langue maternelle l ARRABE.
    قليلا من الالهام لنا جميعا
    قصة الكولومبية ingrid julia gabriela
    FOAP مكان متميز وسحري
    خلق مهام وتنظيمها يشدنا حول العالم. هناك مشاركون يستعملون التطبيق من كل الأعمار والجنسيات والأعراق، وكلهم يملكون طريقة فريدة ومتميزة لسرد قصصهم وحاياتهم مع الصور.
    خلال حملاتنا، لا حظنا ثلاثة نساء متميزات بجودة صورهن وأفكارهن الملهمة ونجاحهن في بيع الصور.
    لذا فان FOAP بحثث اكثر فوجدت عااقة تربط النساء الثلاثة ingrid و بناتها julia و gabriela
    النساء الثلاثة يعشن في مزرعة بكولومبيا ويبحثون عن طرق لجني المال عن بعد قصد الرفع من ميزانية الأسرة خصوصا ان بيع الفواكه والبيض تجارة غير مستقرة.
    لذا، فان Gabriela بدات بحثها عن المواقع المربحة. بعد ان قرات مقالا حول موقع FOAP قررت ان تجربه بعد ان قرات تعليقات عن الأشخاص الذين جنوا ارباحا من خلال ربح صورهم في المسابقات التي ينظمها الموقع كل اسبوع.
    لذا فان Gabriela عملت علئ تحميل التطبيق وشاركت فعلا في مسابقة الأسبوع وحصلت علئ اول ربح لاحدئ صورها الشيء الذي شجعها علئ التقاط افضل الصور ثم مشاركتها في مسابقة ” كولومبيا ” وحصلت علئ الجائزة الرئيسة.دون ان يكون لها المام بفن التصوير.
    فقط بهاتف محمول يمكن ان تحقق ارباحا ونجاحات لذا يمكن ان اقول للجميع هذا هو عملي وهذا جعلني اشعر بالفرح.
    قامت Gabriela بتشجيع امها وأخواتها علئ تحميل تطبيق FOAP.
    J aimerais que nos amis parlant l ARABE de tirer profit de cette histoire. Merci chers équipes Foap.

5. 8

Great story, and your photos are so beautiful and creative. Congratulations on your success. You are so talented.

6. 9
  7. 10

I have been on FOAP for several years now and have yet to sell a single photo. My photos are good, some great. So clearly I am doing something wrong.
    Any tips on how to get my photos seen and sold?

Thanks!

8. 12
  9. 13

Wow what a wonderful and truly inspirational story thanks for sharing this with me, and thanks to foap for for making their platform available to people from all over the world. Even though I have not sold a photo this story gives me hope that it is possible thanks. One love from Jamaica.

10. 14

Thank you for the inspiration. I hope to learn more and make a living through foap. Thank you ?

11. 15

I love your creativity and it’s wonderful to see your family participating too! Glimpses of your photos remind me of fond childhood memories of el campo in Puerto Rico. Your story is a wonderful story and I am delighted to see it featured here! Congratulations on all your successes thus far and wishing all three of you many more!
    Sincerely,
    Jen

Comments are closed.